2007 Avid DS Wish List Top 5 Feature Requests!
Organized and compiled by Sean Stall
from suggestions and votes on the DS List
, this group is the Top 5 Feature Requests. You can find all of the Feature Request Wish Lists at this link
. (added 4.30.07)
The Top 5
1. Real 3D Compositing.
Including the ability to import 3D shapes, cast shadows, adjust lighting, apply plug-ins in 3D Space (ie, T_Glow, surrounds an object in 3D space).
2. Total Conform.
3. Animation Editor Enhancements.
- Closer Conform abilities with FCP/Avid.
- Play nicer with Composer/Xpress. Direct import/opening of Avid Composer/Xpress bins. No AFE, No Medialog. Just open 'em and use 'em. Export DS bins so that they can be used in Composer/Xpress. Same with FCP. This would make DS a more attractive conforming tool.
A smarter keyframing/animation editor interface that easily and quickly allows the user to see/manipulate all of the keyframes that are relevant at the time across multiple layers and nodes, and eliminate those that aren't. After Effects is pretty good at this. I would love to be able to select any number of nodes in a tree, and bring up an animation editor that shows only the curves for those nodes, and only curves that have user added keyframes in them. Also, it would be great if it were possible to optionally link dual curve parameters such as X and Y scale into a single curve for easier manipulation.
4. Completely Rebuilt Tracker.
Unlimited tracking points.
5. Real Time Secondary
Color Correction Wheels (steal from Symphony)
6. Native Support for Firewire-based formats.
(P2, HDV, DVCProHD)- A P2 Import Feature that creates clips (including audio) and preserves the timecode (see FCP).
7. AVX2 and OFX support.
Revised: May 7, 2007 2:26 pm